Clear Aligners in Dallas, TX
Get The Smile Of Your Dreams!
Discreetly Straighten Your Smile
Do you hide your smile more than you show it off? If misaligned teeth are kicking your self-confidence, it’s time to enhance your smile with the discreet and modern alternative to braces – clear aligners. Dr. Bishop provides state-of-the-art clear aligners in Dallas, TX, right here at Dental Dimensions. Explore all the ways clear aligners can improve your smile, confidence and oral health!
What are Clear Aligners?
Clear aligners are made from transparent, BPA-free thermoplastic to form trays that comfortably fit over the teeth. They apply gentle pressure to gradually shift the teeth into their desired position. You will switch to a new set of trays every 2 to 3 weeks as your teeth begin to move.
How It Works
If you’re considering clear aligner therapy, here’s a general outline of what you can expect during the treatment process:
Your journey begins with a consultation with our Dallas dentist, Dr. Bishop, who will assess your teeth and discuss your aesthetic goals. If you’re a suitable candidate, we’ll develop a personalized treatment plan. To do this, we’ll use an intra-oral camera to take some digital impressions of your mouth (yup, no goopy moulds!) and map out the projected progression of your treatment. Dr. Bishop will be able to show you exactly how your teeth will shift and what the end result could be.
We’ll use your digital impressions to created your series of custom aligners using advanced 3D printing technology. Once they are ready, you’ll have a fitting session. Dr. Bishop will ensure they fit well and explain how to use and care for them.
You’ll wear each set of aligners for about 1-2 weeks, for 20-22 hours a day. You only remove them for eating, drinking anything other than water, and brushing your teeth. Every set of aligners is slightly different, gradually moving your teeth towards the desired position. You’ll visit our Dallas dental office periodically to monitor progress.
Maintenance and Follow-Up
Regular appointments are essential to check your progress and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan. After completing the series of aligners, you’ll need to wear a retainer to maintain the new position of your teeth. In most cases it is only necessary to wear your retainer at night to prevent your teeth rebounding.
Who Can Benefit?
Clear aligners have come a long way! They can produce the same results as braces, often in a shorter time frame! Patients who seem to get the best results tend to exhibit the following traits:
- Mild to moderate misalignments such as crooked teeth, gaps, overbite and underbite
- Adolescent and adult patients who can commit to wearing the aligners for 22 hours per day
- Patients who have professional commitments in which braces would interfere or hinder them
Why Choose Aligners Over Braces?
Braces aren’t known for their good looks or comfort! That’s why many patients come to Dr. Bishop, our cosmetic dentist in Dallas, TX, in search of an alternative to braces. Here’s why we recommend clear aligners to our patients:
- Comfort: The metal brackets and wires that make up braces can scratch and irritate the gums and soft tissue in the mouth. Many patients also find braces to be quite painful when the wires are tightened periodically. Clear aligners are made from smooth plastic that fits snugly over the teeth, preventing gum irritation and other issues commonly experiencing by those with braces.
- Convenience: Aligners can be removed when eating, drinking or playing sports, meaning you don’t need to stop doing or eating what you love just because you’re seeking orthodontic treatment. Red wine, coffee, hard and sticky foods can all be enjoyed, as long as you brush those teeth and pop your aligners back in when you’re done!
- Efficiency: Clear aligners do a remarkable job at shifting teeth into alignment very quickly. Treatment tends to last anywhere from 9 months to 18 months depending on the severity of the misalignment. Treatment with braces tends to go a lot slower, with a median time of 18 to 24 months.
- Fits Your Lifestyle: Braces can impact speech and are extremely obvious, whereas most people will never even notice you’re wearing clear aligners. This makes it a popular choice amongst adult patients who have professional commitments such as regular presentations and meetings. While braces could hinder delivery and self-confidence, aligners shouldn’t interfere.
Q: How often do I need to wear my clear aligners?
A: For effective treatment, it’s recommended to wear clear aligners for 20-22 hours a day. They should only be removed for eating, drinking anything other than water, and brushing your teeth.
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions?
A: Unlike traditional braces, there are no specific dietary restrictions with clear aligners since they can be removed while eating. However, it’s important to maintain good oral hygiene and clean the aligners regularly.
Q: How do I care for my clear aligners?
A: Clear aligners should be cleaned daily with a soft toothbrush and mild soap. Avoid using hot water, as it can warp the plastic. It’s also important to brush and floss your teeth before reinserting the aligners.
Q: Will I need to wear a retainer after treatment?
Yes, wearing a retainer after any orthodontic treatment, including clear aligners, is essential to maintain the results. Your orthodontist will advise you on the type and duration of retainer use.
Trust Dental Dimensions for Your Clear Aligners in Dallas, TX
As an experienced Dallas cosmetic dentist, Dr. Bishop is committed to working with you to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted! If you’re ready to transform your smile with modern orthodontics, get in touch with us today to schedule your appointment.